William is very good with clients and extremely thorough.Chambers and Partners 2022
Significant experience of assisting individuals facing GMC investigations and judicial review proceedings.Chambers and Partners 2021
William Childs is highlighted for his adept representation of healthcare processionals in fitness to practise hearings. Interviewees commend him for his “care and management of clients.”Chambers and Partners 2020
Formerly of RadcliffesLeBrasseur, William is a Partner in our health sector team. He advises clients in relation to disciplinary, regulatory and criminal investigations and prosecutions in the healthcare sector.
As one of our team of advocates, William frequently appears before statutory regulators, disciplinary panels and coroners. William deals with professional performance, conduct and health concerns. His caseload consistently includes challenging cases which involve complex clinical and legal issues many of which are the subject of media interest. William is one of the many partners in the department ranked for professional discipline in the legal directories.
Areas of Expertise
- Advising in respect of regulatory and criminal investigations
- Advising in respect of compliance with statutory regimes
- Interim orders and fitness to practise hearings
- Statutory appeals
- Judicial review applications and urgent injunctive applications in the High Court
- Senior Court hearings including High Court and Court of Appeals
- Criminal proceedings, both summary trials and trials on indictment
- Employment disciplinary hearings and Employment Tribunal proceedings
- First Tier Tribunal hearings
- Coroner’s inquests