Mike is experienced in acting for major corporates, private companies, and investors on their M&A, joint venture, due diligence and re-organisation activity across a variety of sectors including media and advertising, defence, food, catering, health and care.
Mike has particular experience in providing corporate and commercial legal services to private, public and 'third' sector organisations in the healthcare and care industries. Mike leads our Private Health and Care Practice, providing market-leading legal services to owners, operators, and investors in businesses operating in the health and care sectors.
Mike also leads the firm’s work with national and international law firms and equity houses on investments in or including UK health and care businesses. Our care team acts for, among others, public and private providers of acute care, specialist diagnostics, community care as well as General Practitioners, Dentists, Pharmacists and other providers of Primary Care services. In addition, it acts for providers of care such as including UK based health and care businesses and assets.
Notable projects include:
- Leading for Top 5 Private Acute Hospital Group in relation to a number of corporate acquisitions and joint ventures including a novel shares acquisition and related establishment of a strategic joint venture oncology services business;
- Leading teams advising various private equity purchasers of healthcare businesses including Plasma Resources UK Limited, Independent Clinical Services Group Limited, Cygnet Healthcare and Oasis Dental.
- Acting for US-based care business on its £32m earnout acquisition of leading UK care services publisher and related digital services provider
- Advising NHS Trusts/FTs in connection with various projects including:
- a joint venture with Alliance Medical re new PET/CT and MRI Services and construction of dedicated facilities;
- long term commercial joint venture for the provision of diagnostic services to a private provider and related provision of premises;
- establishment with a private provider of an outpatient diagnostics facility and co-located minor surgery facilities.