Mike leads our national Corporate Health and Care practice. Mike has a proven track record of nearly 20 years leading teams in the delivery of legal services across the health and care sector. Mike has substantial experience of providing corporate and commercial legal advice on health and care mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, financings and re-financings, outsourcings and partnerships. He acts for major corporates, private companies, and investors on their M&A, joint venture, due diligence and re-organisation activity.
Mike also leads the firm’s work with national and international law firms and equity houses on investments in or including UK health and care businesses. Our health and care team acts for, among others, public and private providers of care homes, domiciliary care, acute care, specialist diagnostics, community care as well as General Practitioners, Dentists, Pharmacists and other providers of Primary Care services. In addition, it acts for providers of care such as including UK based health and care businesses and assets.
Notable projects include:
- Leading teams advising various private equity purchasers of healthcare businesses including Plasma Resources UK Limited, Independent Clinical Services Group Limited, Cygnet Healthcare, Oasis Dental, Rodericks Dental and Dental Partners;
- Leading multi-disciplinary legal projects team advising private equity and corporate purchasers of care businesses including:
- Acquisition of Group of 7 premium care homes;
- City and County Healthcare Group (UK’s largest domiciliary care provider);
- Bid for Caretech Holdings PLC (leading provider of complex care to adults and children);
- Sale of 16 Care Homes for leading UK Care Charity; and
- Regulatory and commercial healthcare diligence for US family office investor in relation to substantial 1st and 2nd tranche convertible debt funding for leading digital domiciliary care provider.
- Leading for Top 5 Private Acute Hospital Group in relation to a number of corporate acquisitions and joint ventures including a novel shares acquisition and related establishment of a strategic joint venture oncology services business;
- Acting for US-based care business on its £32m earnout acquisition of leading UK care services publisher and related digital services provider; and
- Advising NHS Trusts/FTs in connection with various projects including:
- a joint venture with Alliance Medical re new PET/CT and MRI Services and construction of dedicated facilities;
- long-term commercial joint venture for the provision of diagnostic services to a private provider and related provision of premises; and
- establishment with a private provider of an outpatient diagnostics facility and co-located minor surgery facilities.