Work experience programme Gain an insight into what it's like to work for a leading law firm
We are excited to announce the launch of our brand new Weightmans work experience programme. We invite current year 12 students (or equivalent) to apply.
Our aim is to provide students with an insight into our law firm, the legal career pathways available and to introduce you to members of the firm to discover what they do here at Weightmans and how a law firm works.
If you are interested in one of our graduate programmes, then please refer to our Summer Vacation Scheme information for work experience.
The programme will include face-to-face sessions when you will be invited to our office and online sessions during term time (all outside of school hours).
||Face-to-face||Easter holidays – 1 day|
|Career pathways in law
Interactive training on key interpersonal skills and introduction to professional behaviour.
Review what we have learnt and talk about next steps.
|Face-to-face||August – 1 day|
What you need to know to apply
- Places will be available in Birmingham, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Manchester and Newcastle.
- Applications are now open until 26 November 2021 for places on our programme running from April until August 2022.
- Please be aware that this is an unpaid work experience programme.
- Places are limited and will be allocated based on the content of your application submitted.
- If you are a university student you are unable to apply for this programme, however, please see our graduate solicitor apprenticeship page and details of our summer vacation scheme.
Is the programme for you?
You will be a current year 12 student (or equivalent) who has a keen interest in law. You will be looking to discover whether our Solicitor Degree Apprenticeship or graduate roles are something you would like to pursue as a career, and/or want to gain knowledge around how a law firm like Weightmans works and what career paths are available to you.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below. We are seeking the following information for the following purposes:
- Personal Details – To be able to contact you and note which educational stage you are to therefore ensure applicability to this academy
- Application Question – This will be an assessed piece of writing as part of determining acceptance onto our Academy. Please look to ensure you are happy to proceed with your answer before you submit it.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and to creating an environment where everyone can reach their full potential.