Digital transformation in the retail sector Helping you navigate change in the retail sector
The digital transformation of all sectors of the economy has been accelerating over the past decade but few sectors have seen the pace of change move as quickly as retail.
From how consumers shop to how goods are moved from manufacturer to retailer to ultimate consumer, the profile of the retail sector and the services that Weightmans provides has changed. Acting for household names for decades has meant that we have grown with our clients and have accompanied them on their digital journey, understanding their commercial drivers as well as new ways to market.
We have assisted clients who are 'born digital' and those who are pureplay online along with those with a multi/omnichannel approach to retail selling everything from FMCG to big ticket items and everything in between, both domestically and internationally.
Our digital expertise extends to:
- Intellectual property and brand protection
- Cease and desist orders
- Advertising promotions and marketing
- Product liability/defective consumer goods
- Product packaging and labelling
- Data privacy and cyber security
- GDPR compliance
- Online terms and conditions for sales to businesses and consumers
- Cookie and website usage policies
- E-commerce and interaction with payment providers
- Website design and software procurement to support both customer-facing and back office interfaces
- Internet of Things
Our team will assist you in leveraging your offering to access your target market via whichever route you deem best based on your customers. They will ensure the data you collect on your customers and analytics are working properly and are compliant.
Your online offering may only be as good as your ability to fulfil it and we can also advise on the infrastructure and supply chain behind it. We understand that and the advice provided will impact on all points in your value chain.