Caroline DoyleLegal Director
Caroline Doyle is a star in the making.Legal 500 2022
Jonathan Shankland & Caroline Doyle are incredibly knowledgeable, efficient and provide clear and coherent advice at all times. It’s a pleasure to instruct both of these individuals in solving complex legal issues for our clients.Legal 500 2023
Caroline is a Legal Director in our tax and private client team. She advises clients on all aspects of private client law, including international and domestic tax, complex succession planning, estate administration and probate, trusts and mental capacity.
Caroline advises a wide range of individuals, both UK based and international, in relation to their tax and succession issues. Caroline specialises in advising and structuring international high net worth individuals across multiple jurisdictions. Caroline is ranked in EPrivateClient’s table of Top 35 Under 35 women practitioners.
Caroline has broad experience in all elements of private client law and taxation. Caroline specialises in the following:
- International and cross-jurisdictional succession planning, including the preparation of tax efficient Wills for high and ultra high net worth individuals
- Asset protection and generational estate planning
- Administration of estates, including complex estates with contentious and international elements
- Advising international individuals on their UK residence and domicile status and how to prepare for becoming UK resident or domiciled.
- Domicile disputes and negotiating with HMRC that an individual was not domiciled in the UK at their death
- All aspects of trusts, both onshore and offshore, and their taxation
- Capacity issues, Court Of Protection matters and the preparation of lasting powers of attorneys and deputyships.
Caroline works to provide bespoke advice to clients based on their individual circumstances and is successful at developing strong working relationships with clients and intermediaries.