Chris specialises in all forms of construction and engineering disputes, both international and domestic, and risk management advice, including final account disputes, claims for extensions of time, prolongation and LADs, defective design by both engineers and contractors, defective workmanship and negligent procurement and management of projects.
Chris also has considerable experience in advising insurers in connection with the management of Building Guarantee claims, advising on policy response and advising and pursuing recoveries, and has frequently writes and speaks on developments on Building Safety.
- Acting on behalf of a Kuwaiti contractor in a US$80 million ICC Arbitration arising out of the construction of an airport and associated enforcement proceedings in Bulgaria;
- Acting on behalf of a design and build contractor in connection with a £200 million claim arising out of the design and construction of a major industrial production and warehouse facility;
- Acting against a contractor in connection with the defective design and commissioning of a power plant in Pakistan;
- Defending a project manager and QS against a £30 million claim arising of an office development project; acting on behalf of a housing association in connection with numerous disputes against contractors for defective design and construction of housing projects;
- Acting on behalf of a contractor in adjudication proceedings in connection with a rail project; defending an employer in connection with a claim for £30 million arising out of rail tunnelling works;
- Defending an M&E engineer in an €8 million claim arising out of the design of a major internationals sports stadium;
- Acting on behalf of NHS Trusts in connection with disputes arising out of hospital projects; and
- Assisting Building Guarantee insurers investigate, and advising upon policy coverage, in connection with several large high rise residential developments where issues have involved, fire safety defects (both external cladding, insulation and cavity barriers, internal compartmentation and protection of structural steelwork), water ingress, structural defects and foundations.
Clients include contractors, construction professionals, developers, national health service trusts, housing associations and insurers of construction risks.
Chris has been ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers (London, Construction – Suppliers) and previously named by Legal 500 in relation to construction disputes.