Chris specialises in all forms of construction and engineering disputes, both international and domestic, and risk management advice, including final account disputes, claims for extensions of time, prolongation and LADs, defective design by both engineers and contractors, defective workmanship and negligent procurement and management of projects. Cases include:
- Acting on behalf of a acting on behalf of an Kuwaiti contractor in a US$80 million ICC Arbitration arising out of the construction of an airport and associated enforcement proceedings in Bulgaria;
- Acting on behalf of a design and build contractor in connection with a £200 million claim arising out of the design and construction of a major industrial production and warehouse facility;
- Acting against a contractor in connection with the defective design and commissioning of a power plant in Pakistan;
- Defending a project manager and QS against a £30 million claim arising of an office development project; acting on behalf of a housing association in connection with numerous disputes against contractors for defective design and construction of housing projects;
- Acting on behalf of a contractor in adjudication proceedings in connection with a rail project; defending an employer in connection with a claim for £30 million arising out of rail tunnelling works;
- Defending an M&E engineer in an €8 million claim arising out of the design of a major internationals sports stadium;
- Acting on behalf of NHS Trusts in connection with disputes arising out of hospital projects.
Clients include contractors, construction professionals, developers, national health service trusts, housing associations and insurers of construction risks.
Chris has been ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers (London, Construction – Suppliers) and previously named by Legal 500 in relation to construction disputes.
As a general rule, a party to whom a document has been disclosed should be entitled to inspect that document. Any party resisting that inspection…
Legal Directory Quote
Chris Doran maintains a strong contentious practice and is experienced in litigation, arbitration, mediation and adjudication. He is well versed in handling general contractual, insurance and commercial claims in the construction arena. Chambers & Partners 2018