Andrew specialises in commercial real estate transactions across a range of classes of property including the office, retail, leisure and industrial sectors for investors occupiers and funders and has over 30 years of experience operating in those sectors.
Andrew acts for a number of high profile clients and regularly advises on the Scottish property aspects of cross-border transactions. A selection of notable transactions and matters in which Andrew has been involved are as follows:
- The Scottish property aspects of the outsourcing of property estate of the Inland Revenue to Mapeley (a Soros/Delancey backed investment vehicle) with a global transactional value of circa £2 billion;
- The multi-million pound acquisition and subsequent disposal of Cameron Toll Shopping Centre, Edinburgh for a private Irish Investor;
- The relocation of AMF Bowling to premises at Springfield Quay, Glasgow;
- The restructuring of the Scottish property portfolio of Little Chef;
- The property aspects of the Administration of Gretna Football Club;
- The acquisition of properties in Glasgow and Edinburgh for student accommodation for an offshore fund at a value of circa £30 million;
- The management and leasing work for Landmark Space Limited (formerly I2 Office Limited) in Scotland;
- The Scottish property aspects of the refinancing of the student accommodation property portfolio of an offshore fund with a global value exceeding £100 million;
- Acting for a BVI offshore entity in the acquisition of a Holiday Inn Express branded hotel in Edinburgh from an Administrator for circa £17 million;
- Acting for a major cinema operator in negotiating an Agreement for Lease and taking a lease as part of a redevelopment of a city centre shopping centre in Glasgow;
- Acting for a US Funder in agreeing security documentation for provision of funding to the purchaser of a major PRS Scheme at Fountainbridge Edinburgh;
- Acting for a US Funder in agreeing security documentation for provision of funding to the developer of a speculative build office building in Glasgow;
- The property aspects of the acquisition of Hillington Industrial Estate Glasgow for a Singaporean investor as part of a cross-border deal with a global value in excess of £650 million;
- Acting for a UK operator in the acquisition of a riverfront site in Glasgow for development of a hotel;
- The management and leasing work for Thorntons Limited in Scotland.
In his leisure time, Andrew enjoys playing golf and is a member of his local club at Caudwell near Glasgow and also of The St Andrews Golf Club in St Andrews.