Especially skilled at navigating complex refinancing transactions.Legal 500 2019
Brian is a Partner in our real estate team.
He advises a wide range of institutional and commercial clients on all aspects of commercial real estate law including development and funding transactions, sales and purchases, lettings, asset management and property finance. He has extensive experience of leading high profile deals and due diligence for large complex sites along with project management of both small and large teams under tight timetables.
Brian is recommended for real estate in the latest edition of The Legal 500.
His experience includes:
- Acting on development transactions at the Circle Square (former BBC Site) in Manchester including forward fundings, land acquisitions, lettings, site assembly and development agreements for infrastructure.
- Leading on all Real Estate aspects of the creation of the SciTech Joint Venture between Bruntwood and Legal & General which is the largest investment made in science and technology property assets in Europe in 2018.
- Managing all Real Estate aspects of multiple and significant portfolio refinancings of over £700m of debt across a large number of multi let properties for a substantial nationwide commercial property owner.
- High profile investment acquisitions and disposals including the sale of City Tower in Manchester to Schroders for £132m and the purchases of the Innovation Birmingham Science Park and Manchester Science Park.
- Advising on asset management, refinancing and development for a significant part of a north west based company’s circa £600m commercial property portfolio.
- Acting for landowners in relation to Promotion agreements and subsequent disposal of sites to residential house builders.
- Advising on the real estate aspects of numerous high profile Corporate transactions including the IPO of the Watkin Jones Group and various other private equity investments.