Gilly acts as force solicitor for a number of police forces including Sussex and Surrey.
Gilly has a great deal of experience in conducting complex, sensitive and high value police defence matters.
Gilly deals with a broad range of police matters. She has a particular interest and specialist expertise in Judicial Review proceedings, Inquests, and claims brought under the Human Rights Act. Gilly also conducts all police employment related matters and tribunal claims on behalf of Surrey Police.
Notable cases include:
- R (on the Application of G) v (1) Secretary of State for the Home Department (2) Secretary of State for Justice (3) Chief Constable of Surrey Police in the Court of Appeal in the conjoined appeals challenging the disclosure and barring procedure introduced under the Police Act 1997 (Criminal Record Certificates: Relevant Matters) (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2013 - Gilly represented the Chief Constable of Surrey Police who was found to have acted in compliance with the prevailing legislative framework.
- Inquest Touching the death of Alexander Perepilichnyy - Gilly represented the Chief Constable of Surrey Police
- Inquest Touching the death of Joshua Blackham
- Inquest Touching the death of Sasha Forster
- Inquest touching the deaths of Christine Lee and Lucy Lee - Gilly is instructed on behalf of the Chief Constable of Surrey Police in respect of the inquests into these deaths which were recently concluded by HM Senior Coroner in Woking.