Helena is an experienced and highly regarded property litigator.
She covers all property litigation disciplines and works for a wide range of clients from national retailers, large corporate portfolio clients, landed estates and developers, to small owner managed businesses and individuals.
Recent work includes:
- Acted for residential managing agents in high value/complex residential service charge disputes and other general legal advice.
- Acted in a £1.2mill business and property courts foreclosure of charge action relating to a building agreement dispute.
- Advising owner of development site on rights of light and related covenants. Assisting with insurance and tactical issues at pre-action stage.
Helena specialises in acting for landlords, tenants, property managers and freehold owners in all areas of property litigation, including:
- Lease renewals
- Service charge disputes (commercial and residential)
- Breach of contract claims
- Rights of way
- Rights of light
- Boundary disputes
- Break notices
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Insolvency issues
- Forfeiture and section 146 Notices
- Rent recovery
- Breach of covenant
- Property related professional negligence claims
- Advice, assistance and guidance for property professionals
- Disrepair (Leasehold Property Repairs Act, Jervis v Harris, Dilapidations)
- First Tier Property Tribunal applications (s27(a), Section 20, Rule 13 Costs)
- Mediation and ADR
- Possession / Trespass / Squatter claims (commercial/residential)
- Upper Tier Tribunal applications re appeals
There are many issues facing those in the residential property management sector during the Covid-19 pandemic.