Ingrid is very much a trusted and go-to legal advisor. She is a key member of the employment, pensions and immigration team at Weightmans, providing both employment law and business immigration law support and advice to clients.
Ingrid is pragmatic, personable and solutions-focused. She has significant experience in the legal profession and truly focusses on what her clients' needs and objectives are. She is also very driven in building long standing relationships with clients and continues to work across many sectors.
Ingrid covers all areas of non-contentious employment matters and has particular experience in redundancies, restructuring/reorganisation, senior executive/management disputes and employment/TUPE support to corporate and real estate transactions. She has significant sector experience within retail and hospitality, construction, transport and logistics and owner managed business/SMEs.
She conducts her own advocacy and manages tribunal claims ranging from areas of unfair dismissal, protected disclosures, disability discrimination, redundancy and re-organisations, sex discrimination, TUPE and wasted costs.
Ingrid is also a key member of Weightmans' HR Rely team – offering price certainty and employment law solutions for our clients.
Ingrid also has previous experience in legal sales and growth strategy, training and supervision of employment colleagues and the development of cross-selling opportunities
Ingrid is experienced in both employment law and immigration law, allowing for seamless advice across both disciplines.
Her immigration expertise extends to assisting with compliance, policy drafting and implementation and strategy and the prevention of illegal working. She also has experience in providing global immigration advice and support to a variety of sectors including retail, transport, hospitality, education and construction.
Recent business immigration work highlights
- Advising higher education authority in respect of new points based system and assisting with policy implementation and strategy
- Advising FTSE 100 company in respect of compliance duties and immigration/discrimination considerations within recruitment practices
- Advising construction sector in respect of immigration rules and compliance
- Supporting transport and logistical businesses with compliance and advising in respect of immigration rules and the prevention of illegal working
- Advising further education authority in respect of sponsorship duties and application process
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
Work and Insights
- COVID-19 and annual leave: Must we allow staff to ‘carry-over’ holiday?
- Age discrimination: Can we set a mandatory retirement age for our staff?
- Entry requirements for the UK after 1 October 2021
- Removing the resident labour market test — transitional teething problems — or here to stay?
- Securing settled status — how far does the employer’s duty go?