Group head Karen Mayne assists clients with enfranchisement work, and she is also skilled in residential property financing and letting.Legal 500 2022
Karen Mayne has particular expertise in residential property purchases, sales and lettings. Other core strengths… include individual and collective enfranchisement and property-related financing and secured lending.Legal 500 2019
Formerly of RadcliffesLeBrasseur, Karen is a Partner in the real estate team. She specialises in the purchase, sale, letting, ownership and management of residential property for owner-occupation, investment and development by UK or off-shore clients.
Karen advises on the full range of property matters and has a particular interest in the financing of and secured lending on residential property, lettings, individual and collective enfranchisement.
Karen’s clients include landed estates, high-net worth owners, occupiers, investors and property companies.
Karen qualified in 1984.
Some of Karen’s recent work includes:
- Acting in connection with the sale and purchase of residential properties with transaction values of £15-25 million for high net worth individuals, some of whom are non-domiciled
- Advising on first registration of an unregistered ransom strip without evidence of title and to protect the amenity of a major country house
- Advising on the prospective purchase of a rural estate, including various residential units all of which had been altered substantially without requisite planning or building regulation consents
- Representing various institutional landlords on a variety of matters, including the restructuring of freehold and leasehold interests in a Central London mixed use block of flats and tenants’ application for collective enfranchisement
- Advising the Church Commissioners on applications for flat lease extensions, purchase of house freeholds and collective enfranchisement
- Acting for a historic London club on sale of part of its premises for residential development