Naren is an experienced property solicitor.
Naren has over 15 years’ experience in delivering commercially focused legal advice, gained during his time working in London and the south east and more recently on his return to Newcastle.
Naren has extensive experience in many elements of commercial property work, including Landlord and Tenant matters, residential and commercial development and funding work.
Whilst practicing in London, Naren was principally involved in acting for listed property funds in all aspects of acquisition and disposal of commercial property investment assets (with particular focus on the retail and office sectors) Naren was also heavily involved in corporate support work, including the disposal of a UK building society to a US bank and has also acted for a Middle Eastern royal family in connection with a number of high value landlord and tenant matters in central London, including the establishment of a foreign diplomatic mission in Kensington.
On his return to the north east of England, Naren was involved in a number of landmark regeneration schemes throughout England and Wales, including:
- The regeneration of a large area of central Middlesbrough
- The planning and site assembly process of the creation of a new town in South East England
- And further afield, in the strategic planning phase of the creation of a new ‘petrochemical city’ in Qatar.
Naren gained considerable experience in advising public bodies including hospitals, schools, colleges, universities in management of their properties portfolios and a number of development projects.
Recently Naren has been actively involved in the residential development sector in Newcastle and has worked with leading local developers in the redevelopment of some landmark residential development schemes in Newcastle city centre and surrounding areas.
- Acquisition of a former hospital site for redevelopment into a luxury housing scheme
- Acquisition of former high rise office building for conversion into apartments
- Advice in connection with proposed new residential development scheme comprising over 1200 new homes
- Extensive experience in relation to battery storage, peak power generation and other renewable energy projects
- Portfolio of electric car charging point leases throughout the UK
Legal Directory Quote
'Naren Deen is highly diligent, knowledgeable & provides reassurance when dealing with the transaction' Legal 500 2020