Experienced banking and finance advisors
Our experienced banking and finance solicitors advise banks, borrowers, funds and local government entities on debt finance.
We provide advice on all kinds of debt finance activity, including:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Asset-based lending
- Asset finance
- Invoice discounting finance
- Fund Management
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Real estate finance
- Trade and export finance
We advise on security, intercreditor and related matters, on bilateral and syndicated loan arrangements including development finance, corporate acquisition finance and fund work. We have widespread experience on the establishment, regulation and dissolution of investment funds, including venture capital funds.
Recent bank transactions have included acting for:
- High street bank on the restatement of senior syndicated facilities to a property war chest fund involving a substitution of Banks and a re-designation of debt where the aggregate finance exposure was £314 million and our client bank’s exposure was £23 million.
- High street bank on the re-designation of debt following the anticipated exit of £12 million on a syndicated lend, involving 3 syndicated Term Loans, 2 Tranche CAPEX Facilities all in connection with a corporate acquisition
Weightmans’ financial law solicitors are instructed by banks and borrowers and developers on all aspects of project, construction and development finance.
Recent debt finance transaction with large corporates includes:
- Advisor to a national transport business on receipt of £30 million facility from HSBC for working capital and acquisition purposes.
- Advisor to the borrower on the receipt of €100,000,000 multi-purpose syndicated facility, including an Invoice Discounting line, asset financing, revolving credit facility, term loan and letter of credit line.
In addition to private sector lending, we have extensive experience of advising on the establishment of European Structural Funds. This includes work with the £400million Northern Powerhouse Investment Fund (NPIF), the £250,000 Midlands Engine Investment Fund and the £180million North West Fund.
The team also advises on the provision and the receipt of public sector grant funding and growth schemes including the Regional Growth Fund and Growing Places Fund. As a result of this, we deal with all aspects of fund partnership arrangement, including Limited Partnership Structures, State Aid, procurement law, intellectual property, vesting of interest, regulatory duties, FCA compliance and dispute resolution.