Care regulatory and CQC solicitors
Our specialist team of care regulatory and CQC solicitors provide expert advice to the health and social care sector on Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate and Care Inspectorate Wales and associated legal regulatory issues.
Regulatory action against providers has increased significantly in recent years. The police, safeguarding and commissioners of care all have roles to play, but the key regulator for the sector in England is the CQC.
Our team is highly ranked in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners directories for health and care regulatory work and we are commended by our clients for our ‘culture of excellence’ and focus on achieving the best outcome for our clients.
How our care regulatory and CQC solicitors can help you
Our team of experienced health and care regulatory solicitors include advocates who represent clients in Tribunals, criminal courts and at coroner’s inquests. Some of our recent cases include:
- Helping a client to respond successfully to a s31 letter of intent and avoid CQC deciding to impose conditions to close the care home.
- Assisting a client with their response to a Notice of Proposal to impose conditions on their registration
- Advising on PACE responses and acting in several high profile prosecution cases
- Ratings reviews and Factual Accuracy responses
Our experts provide advisory support and advice to our clients across the health and care sector including the NHS and regulated care providers in the private and third sectors. In addition, the team regularly assists corporate investors and financiers in understanding regulatory risks and issues relating to proposed investments in regulated health and care.
Services provided by our CQC solicitors
- New applications
- Advice on the scope of registration
- Dual registration
- Transfers of ownership
- Registered manager appeals
- Factual accuracy responses
- Ratings reviews
- Challenges to the registration process
- Responding to Warning Notices
- Representations in response to Notices of Proposal
- Fixed Penalty Notices
Section 31 Procedures
- Responding to Letters of Intent
- Advising on responses to Section 31 Notices and appeals to the Tribunal
Appeals to the Tribunal
- Advising on all types of tribunal applications
- Advice regarding potential prosecutions
- Assistance responding to PACE letters
- Advice on and attendance at interviews under caution
- Handling prosecutions
- Health and Safety matters
- Seeking injunctions against CQC
- Judicial Review proceedings
Importance of early advice
In several cases, providers have failed to appreciate the seriousness of the position and thus to seek early advice. We would always advise clients to seek advice as soon as an issue arises as there are clear paths to take to seek to mitigate the impact of regulatory action. Our lawyers have hands on experience of regulatory matters across many years and are happy to provide immediate telephone advice – often on technical issues and the tactical approach where it is essential to have both knowledge and practical experience.
We pride ourselves on our clear practical advice and commercial approach to seek a solution for our clients’ problems.