Get private equity advice
Our multi-disciplinary national team of private equity experts provide a comprehensive range of services to support private equity transactions.
Our private equity clients are diverse and include private equity and venture capital funds, high net worth individuals, providers of acquisition finance and management teams. In an increasingly competitive market, we are focused on providing commercial and pragmatic advice, strong project management and proactive service delivery to ensure transactions are completed efficiently and to budget.
We advise at every stage of the private equity lifecycle from fund formation and early-stage investment, development capital and follow on rounds, to management buyouts. Our national reach, combined with strong local connections, helps our clients and contacts identify attractive investment opportunities, adding real value.
We can support with:
- Fund structuring and constitution: Weightmans has specialist expertise in advising fund managers and limited partners on structuring and negotiating documentation for equity funds.
- Acquiring and selling companies: advising private equity funds on transactions and the legal issues that may develop during their ownership, including further acquisitions.
- Advising on equity investments: preparing and negotiating investment documentation and other funding.
- Debt finance: advising on arrangements for working capital and acquisition finance on private equity deals, including advising on the terms offered by lending institutions, security requirements and on the inter-creditor arrangements.
- Due diligence: carrying out commercially relevant and user-friendly legal due diligence for private equity and venture capital funds and banks.
Our team’s experience:
- Accelerated Digital Ventures
- DSW Angels
- Midlands Engine Investment Fund