Weightmans shortlisted in key categories at Legal 500 ESG Awards 2024
Weightmans is celebrating after being shortlisted in several key categories at the inaugural Legal 500 ESG Awards 2024.
The awards celebrate the very best ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) initiatives across the UK legal market — private practice, in-house and the Bar. This prestigious first-time event will see organisations and individuals recognised for their efforts to bring about change across all aspects of ESG, including diversity and inclusion and environmental and sustainability strategy.
Weightmans is shortlisted in the following categories:
- Best Environmental/Sustainability Strategy
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Initiative of the Year
- Social Mobility: Best Initiative to Attract and Retain Talent (outside London)
- LGBTQ+: Champion of the Year (Individual) — Matthew Jones, Principal Associate
- Environmental/Sustainability: Private Practice Champion (client-side) — Nick Barker, Principal Associate
- ESG Rising Star — Nick Barker, Principal Associate
“It’s great to be nominated for a number of awards. It reflects the strength of our own internal ESG programme which we have worked very hard on and which we are very proud of. It also reflects the strength in depth of the specific ESG support we can provide to our clients. We support our clients with ESG consultancy projects that go beyond the boundaries of traditional legal advice and it’s great that it has been recognised. ESG legal services is an area in which we see lots of possibilities.”
John Schorah, Managing Partner, said:
“I am very proud of how ESG is front and centre of our work with our communities, clients and our people. Our drive to be the very best company we can be for our people and our clients is once again evidenced, and I want to personally congratulate and thank all those who have been nominated. This is a brilliant achievement.”
The news comes ahead of next month’s Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards, where Weightmans is once again nominated in several categories - Law Firm of the Year, ESG Firm of the Year, Innovative Firm of the Year, and Insurance Firm of the Year.
Several individuals are also shortlisted:
- John Schorah — Management Partner of the Year
- Kirsty Adamson — Rising Star of the Year, Corporate
- Mickaela Fox — Lawyer of the Year, Insurance
- Sam Harland — Rising Star of the Year, Insurance
- David McGuire — Rising Star of the Year, Private Client
- Martin Vincent — Lawyer of the Year, Public Sector
- Morris Hill — Rising Star of the Year, Public Sector
The Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards recognises legal talent across the North, North West and Yorkshire and the Humber, celebrating their achievements over the past year. The awards are determined based on The Legal 500’s market-leading independent research for the annual directory.
The Legal 500 ESG UK Awards 2024 takes place in London on April 24. The Legal 500 Northern Powerhouse Awards takes place on March 13 in Manchester.